TTL-232R USB - TTL Level Serial Converter
TTL serial converter cable which will allow for a simple way to connect serial TTL level devices to USB. No MAX232 or other level converters needed. It works very well with Atmel based controllers. In my own designs, I always include a connector for the TTL-232R.
Pinout 0.1" pitch header socket:
- GND - Black
- CTS - Brown
- VCC - Red
- TXD - Orange
- RXD - Yellow
- RTS - Green
The TTL-232R uses a FT232RQ chip which is housed within the USB "A" connector. A 1.8 meter (6 foot) cable is terminated with a 6 way 0.1" pitch header socket which provides access to the Transmit (Tx), Receive (Rx), RTS#, and CTS#, as well as VCC (5V) and GND.
Several variants of the TTL-232R are available:
- TTL-232R-3V3 (TTL-232R with 3.3V IOs)
- TTL-232R-AJ (Audio Jack connector, 5V IOs)
- TTL-232R-3V3-AJ (Audio Jack connector, 3.3V IOs)
- TTL-232R-PCB (Populated PCB from the TTL-232R USB connector, 5V IOs)
- TTL-232R-3V3-PCB (Populated PCB from the TTL-232R-3V3 USB connector, 3V3 IOs)
- TTL-232R-WE (No connector at serial end, 5V IOs)
- TTL-232R-3V3-WE (No connector at serial end, 3.3V IOs)
- TTL-232R Converter Cable provides a USB to TTL Serial header interface (6 way, 0.1” pitch).
- On-board FT232RQ provides single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the FT232RQ chip - No USB-specific firmware programming required.
- Connect a microcontroller/PLD/FPGA directly to a PC USB port.
- Fully compatible with existing legacy COM port software.
- FTDI’s royalty-free VCP drivers allow for communication as a standard COM port and D2XX ‘direct’ drivers provide DLL application programming interface.
- Data transfer rates from 300 Baud to 3 Mega Baud at TTL levels.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd/even/mark/space/ no parity.
- Fully assisted hardware (RTS#/CTS#) or X-On/X-Off software handshaking.
- 5V CMOS drive outputs and 5V safe TTL inputs makes the TTL-232R easy to interface to 5V MCUs.
- Support for FT232R FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
- Cable supply voltage comes from USB - no external supply required.
- 5V output allow devices to be powered from the USB port.
- 6 way 0.1” header connector (Tx, Rx, RTS#, CTS#, VCC, and GND).
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- HCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range.
- Connect to a PC via USB ‘A’ plug on 1.80 meter (6 foot) cable.
- 3.3V TTL I/O version is also available (TTL-232R-3V3)
- Custom versions also available (subject to MOQ).