Routerbot (Without hacking the router)
I am intending to build a routerbot. This is my design idea. This is my first major robot so please comment and suggest if even the slightest urge arises.
I will call the robot flat friday.
Design brief so far...
What I want the chassis to look like (minus the gun)
My inspiration for the robot.
NOTE: These are not my robots. These are other peoples robots.
- Differential drive 4x ports driving relays
- Headlights 1x port driving relay
- Accelerometer 2x ports
- Siren/horn 1x port driving relay
- Camera Running through LAN
- Termsistor and LDR running on analog
- Ethernet shield Using 4x digital ports (10, 11, 12, 13)
- Live connection between arduino and laptop, allowing me to drive it and recieve it's data anywhere in the world.
- Arduino Duemilanove http://toysdownunder.com/arduino.html?p=1
- Memsic 2125 Accelometer http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Memsic2125?from=Tutorial.AccelerometerMemsic2125
- Linksys router (WRT54G) http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/products/Routers
- Arduino ethenet shield.
- A cheap IP camera. (any ideas?)
- 2x fast, but powerful motors (any ideas?) [remember the car is going to be the length of your arm]
- A Rechargable lead acid battery 12V DC Capable of powering router at 12V .5A, camera at 5V .5A, headlights and motors for a resonable length of time. EG: >=30min (ideas anyone)
- 2x Headlights, They will probably be 12V krypton or maybe halogen.
- 12V 120ma 110DB Piezo siren. Aready bought. REALLY loud.
- Termsistor (ideas anyone?)
- LDR (Got heaps)
- Very large R/C wheels suited for dirt and Ashphalt. (Ideas anyone?)
Remember I don't live in america so things are alot harder to obtain.
Does anyone know of a better way to drive the motors short of a motor controller?
Has anyone else done this? if so, do you have any advice?