Pablo the Pool Toy
August 3, 2009
This is a concept for a robot to monitor and manage my swimming pool.
- Waterproof (obviously)
- Navigate to avoid people/obstacles and blocking the pool's skimmer
- Solar powered/recharged
- Daytime/nightime sensor
- Cool underwater/overwater light display
- Monitor and report water temperature
- Monitor and report water chemestry (chlorine, hardness, alkalinity)
- Monitor and report water level
- Wirelessly transmit status to a remote LCD display
- Alarm mode to detect someone/something falling into the pool
- Remotely control adding pool chemicals, adjusting water level, etc.
Some of these features will be very complex, and may never be achieved. Right now I have no idea how I would measure the pool chemistry electronically. Initial research shows this will be expensive and/or difficult.
Hmm. Maybe water jets?