Still trying to get the L293D to work...
Hey man, whatever works. I'd rather be making those removeable connections that you are than soldering. That would definitely solve some of my problems.
I'm still working out which connectors I should use in hobby (haven't bought a crimp tool yet). Yeah, I think your solution is best for this. I do some heavy soldering and surface mount work :-p
I am not sure I understand 1 & 2, can you be more specific?
Perhaps, can you tell me which part of the instruction that you are uncertain about?
- And I'll get back to you tomorrow, thanks.
1. What output did you use for the playback of your Recording Board?2. Same but what output for the record button? 3. For the Recording board, does it matter which V&G I connect to on the Picaxe?4. For the spare L293D for the GM10s, you used four GM10s, all with one L293D, which GM10 did you use for which port on the 2nd L293D
5. And finally, which output/V&G did you use for the spare L293D
reposted on the tutorial page for all to see :)
Your motor controller needs a capacitor. I used two IIRC. About 10uF should do it, but I'd rather go in the hundreds range to be safe.
Otherwise, it is rather straightforward. Have a look at the datasheet, as I forget how the chip is wired now. Learning about H bridges is essential. I built an h bridge that would take ... up to around 600 volts (I've tested to 200) and switch over 3 amps at 200kHz.
Thats some heavy-duty stuff man. Definitely worth learning about.
with my stick controller I found it helpful to wire up the chip on my breadboard first. One thing you should check is to make sure you connect all the grounds together, and make sure the ground from the L293 is connected to the one from your MCU. I still dont know why that is needed, somebody tried to explain it to me but I didnt really understand. However it makes all the difference. Also I dunno how essential this is, but I used a 47k pullup resistor on the enable pins, basically I connected them together thus:
enable1/2 -> enable3/4 -> 47k -> 5vcc
that was the setup that worked for me pretty much...