Nice to meet you. I'm a hobbyist from Japan.
At first, I feel LMR is an awesome community !
There are a lot of unique and creative robots.
All of your works are really NICE !
There are no community like LMR in Japan.
I think there is a difference between the maker's culture of Japan and Western country.
But, we have the same spirit as you.
Today, I want to introduce my robot platform "Shellmo".
It will be too long to write all, so, I write unique points shortly.
Unique points of Shellmo
- Shell:Shell is a face of Shellmo. You can exchange Shell to another Shell with ease.
- MCSA structure: Motor, Core, Shell, Accessory. I separated Shellmo to these modules.
- OpenSource: I think this is not special at here, But, almost robot kit are not opensource yet.
- Printable: Almost parts (without electric parts) are printable.
- Heart: A simple interface between Shellmo to us.
- Decoration: An easy way to change a visual of Shellmo.
- Micropede motor module: A walking module of Shellmo. Inspired by "Gakken Centipede".
- Control with the phone: I made control apps for Android phone.
- Kinetic eyes: I hacked Shellmo's eye for moving itself.
If you are interested, please see these also.
RepSpider Alpha Build
RepWalker making tutorial
Added RepSpider picture and 3Dfiles
Added more pictures and movies etc
Added RepWalker picture and 3D files