Let's Make Robots!

Raspberry Pi Model B+ Review posted

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention it earlier!

As you probably know, the Raspberry Pi Foundation brought out the new Raspberry Pi Model B+ recently.

I got my hands on it mid-July, and after torture testing it wrote a rather large review.

Raspberry Pi Model A / B / B+ Review

Remote-controlled from a computer.
  I decided to work on something smaller, using all the experience I gained with Kubik. This one is as small as I could make it, uses an Arduino Pro Micro for the … Read more
Look maaa', no tools! :D Well, that's not entirely true, but it isn't far off. I have constructed this robot with a minimum of tools (and materials) , for the … Read more
Ok, so I have wanted to build a robot for a while, but school prevented me from starting anything.  At the beginning of this summer I bought a Raspberry Pi to just … Read more

Which voltage regulator to use?

Hello all,

For my project, I intend to use a 3.7V LiPo, 4400mAh for my datalogger. 

With my Arduino Pro Mini comes the MIC5205 LDO regulator which I'm using now but I intend to build my own PCB and am looking into other regulators / buck-boost converters.

Which ones would you recommend? I'm very new into this so any help is appreciated.

Linux: no /dev/ttyUSB0 device created when plugging picaxe28 board with picaxe27 cable

Hi,

I'm playing with the "start here" robot kit and having trouble. I'm expecting the device /dev/ttyUSB0 to appear when I plug the picaxe 27 cable on the picaxe 28 board. Nothing appears. I have tried the 2 first solutions in the picaxe manual and I am not going to recompile the kernel, as suggested in solution 3. (using my working computer here).

I'm currently running Linux Mint 17 64 bit, based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I have admin rights.

I am using linAxepad 1.5.0.

Flash Memory of Arduino Uno

 

Sketch uses 13,308 bytes (41%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 2,082 bytes (101%) of dynamic memory, leaving -34 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Not enough memory; see http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#size for tips on reducing your footprint.

adopted a h bridge here and facing issues

Hi all,

ages ago I found oddbots cool h-bridge on this page which works quite well. I started with 100x160mm boards and made two boards for two bridges in order to controll 2x2 motors.

A few weeks ago I got into contact with the pcb-tool Eagle and gave it a try to place two h bridges on one board 100x80mm (freeware edition).

As far as I can see I just copied the bridges. The only think that differs from the two-board version is, that I used the same power/gnd traces for both bridges.

Creep, trip over its own legs
This is my attempt at a four-legged crawler. Right now it just has two servos per leg, and pretty random ones at that. I plan to replace them and add a knee to each … Read more